I am SO super excited to post today's fabulous recipe from one of my favorite Bloggy friends Andrea @ Glam Hungry Mom!! Andrea has a great blog that covers it all from beauty, to food, to style, to family. This girl covers it all in Boston with her little coconut son and her handsome Football Coach hubby. Trust me you guys are gonna want to follow all of her beauty tips cause this chick is gorgeous! Please, please, please stop by her darling blog and give her a follow I know you will love her as much as I do! Ladies and gents here she is the great Andrea!
BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is a superfood my family likes to always keep on hand. My husband and I both grew up on white rice so quinoa is a fairly new food to us. I love to cook it with chicken broth to pump up the flavor. It is the perfect ingredient to lighten up a family favorite - BBQ chicken. The recipe has been floating around in my head for a few weeks. I am so glad it came out as well in real life as I thought it would. It was even a hit with my husband and 2 year old! Let's get started, shall we?
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked corn (if you want to kick up the flavor grill your corn)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded (cheddar, colby jack, or mozzarella)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, to garnish
- Add the quinoa, beans, corn, tomato, and red onion into a serving dish
- In a medium bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and balsamic vinegar till mixed well
- Add the chicken to the sauce mixture and toss
- Place chicken on top of the quinoa salad
- Top with sliced avocado, cheese, and cilantro
How easy is that? I love to use rotisserie or left over chicken to cut back on time. My family likes to make a little extra of the BBQ sauce and vinegar mixture to keep on the side. Hope you guys enjoy!
Big hugs and kisses to the gorgeous Ashlee!
Thanks again Andrea! Can't wait to get in my kitchen and get to work on this fantastic recipe! Hope you friends enjoyed having Andrea as much as I did.